Playing Catch-up: Eagles Beat the Colts, The NFL Sucks, and What’s on the Horizon
So there’s been a lot going on in the last week and so I’d like to get through it all in a rapid-fire style:
Eagles vs Colts:
- Nick Foles looked below average again this week. He missed a number of screens, deep balls, and seemed generally like he had drunk goggles on. Some decent decisions on the read-option, but that’s about it.
- Can we all agree that Riley Cooper stinks again? Hauling in a single catch for 8 yards against Indy, the most productive thing that he’s done was tell Sproles to give the ball to the refs following a long run to keep things moving.
- If I could reincarnate as anything in the world it’d be Darren Sproles. Respected by the big boys, but small enough to be allowed on the slide at Dutch Wonderland.
- Our defensive line is by no means a sure thing this year despite the level of talent available. If they continue to play this poorly, I think you need to look at the scheme.
- No real use of the stack formation from the Eagles yet. Not a huge deal, but certainly surprising.
- Parkey has finally done us wrong, but he came through when it mattered. Do you have any doubt about him?
The National Football Legal Issues
- Ray Rice was the major topic on last week’s episode of sports beyond Measure. Check it out here!
- Adrian Peterson being suspended is a bad case as well, but doesn’t it feel like the public is exhausted from all of this NFL stuff now? There’s not nearly the same level of uproar.
- The NFL is finally getting something right and changing the drug policy. About time!
Sixers and Flyers
- We’re almost at the best time of the year: The Sixers, Flyers, and Eagles all going at once. Nerlens Noel, Scott Laughton. There’s some young blood to be excited about, people!
Eagles vs Skins
- We have a Making Friends with the Enemy on the way. Stay tuned.