Quick Thoughts on Joel Embiid
Ray gave his thoughts on the Sixers options following Emiid’s injury here, but here are a few thoughts of my own:
- Everyone has dropped Embiid’s value because of the foot. If the back injury kept him at #1, why would the foot injury lower him value?
- Embiid is the best prospect in the draft, if the Sixers can get him at 3. Fantastic. Unlike deflowering your significant other, this is actually worth waiting for.
- There were rumors that Cleveland was considering trading down to 3 prior to the injury. If they’re still interested, the Sixers would have to pay less to get that deal done.
- There’s also the possibility that Embiid actually slips to the middle of the top ten (like Nerlens Noel). I wouldn’t be shocked to see the Sixers trade back a pick or two and grab Embiid then.
- If the Sixers stay put, count on Cleveland to screw things up anyway. They’ll take Parker because they need to keep Kyrie Irving. Parker helps now. So will Milwaukee take Wiggins? That’s the big question.