Flyers Cheat Sheet: 2/25 – 3/4
The Flyers continued their homestand this week as they attempted to gain more ground in the Eastern Conference. The Flyers lost against the Maple Leafs, but won the following two games against Washington and Ottawa. The orange and black have won five of their last seven to get back to .500 for the year. With their 11-11-1 record the Flyers have maintained their position as 8th in the East.
- Simon Gagne has returned to the Flyers. The team gave away a conditional draft pick.
- With a less chaotic home schedule, the Flyers have been able to rest up.
- Harry Zolnierczyk has been suspended for four games.
- Michael Leighton was waived and sent to the Phantoms.
- Tom Sestito was claimed by the Canucks after being waived.
- Andrej Meszaros is yet to return to the team, but is practicing
- Tye McGinn will be out for four weeks with a broken orbital bone.
- Matt Read is recovering well from his rib injuries.
- Simon Gagne: Gagne was often a healthy scratch for the LA Kings, but will see some quality time in his return to Philly. He also scored in his first back game with the Flyers.
- Jakub Voracek: Is there anything this kid can’t do?
- Claude Giroux: The captain scored four points in three games this week. He’s looking like he’s hit his stride.
- Harry Zolnierczyk: Not a good couple of games from young Z, who will miss four games. He could be a candidate to be sent down to the AHL.
Quote of the Week:
“We’ve been fighting to get to .500 for a long time and we can’t stop now. We just have to keep going ahead.” – Wayne Simmonds
Highlight of the Week:
Check it out right here!
3/5 @ NY Rangers 7:30 pm
3/7 vs Pittsburgh 7:00 pm
3/9 @ Boston 1:00 pm