Flyers Cheat Sheet: 2/2 – 2/9
This week was a good one for the Orange and Black.
After a shaky start that led to the bottom of the Eastern conference, the team underwent a four game home-stand and a chance to gain their balance. It wasn’t easy to watch, but the Flyers managed to beat the red-hot Lightning and the Carolina Hurricanes (twice). They also gained a point in a shootout loss to the Florida Panthers.
The Flyers are now 5-6-1 and 10th in the East as they prepare for a six game road trip.
- Zac Rinaldo pummeled B.J. Crombeen of the Tampa Bay Lightning. The fight caused some controversy.
- Tom Sestito also scored two goals in that game, which is like seeing Halley’s Comet.
- Wayne Simmonds returned to the team today after being elbowed in the head against the Capitals.
- Kimmo Timonen was signed to a one year six million dollar extension. He claims that he is likely to retire afterwards.
- Rookie Tye McGinn seems to have earned his place on the team. He’s only 22 years old.
- Scott Hartnell is still out with a broken foot and could be another two weeks or so.
- Tye McGinn suffered a hit to the head against Carolina today, but did return.
- Braydon Schenn: Schenn put up three points against the Hurricanes today and a total of five for the week. He now has eight points on the year.
- Matt Read: The man slays Panthers. After a hat trick against Florida last meeting, Read put up another goal against the Panthers this week. He is also the current Flyers points leader with nine.
- Consistency: The Flyers are still struggling to play a solid game from start to finish.
- Claude Giroux: G seems to be struggling a little from the extra attention that he’s garnering this year. Not that seven points is bad by any stretch, but I’d like to see a little more from the captain.
Highlight of the Week:
Check it out here!
Quote of the Week:
“Now we head on the road. There was work to do here at home. Guys got work done.” – Peter Laviolette
2/11 @ Maple Leafs 7:00 pm
2/12 @ Jets 8:00 pm
2/15 @ Devils 7:00 pm
2/16 @ Canadiens 7:00 pm